Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pitch Pack (12/03/2015)

PITCH PACK

I woke up earlier today to work on my pitch pack in the morning, and was able to submit it by 9:30.
I presented my Pitch Pack today, I think it went pretty well. I showed the animatic first, and then explained what it was about and the metaphors/symbols. I forgot to say that I wanted to deceive the audience into thinking the main character is heroic by his appearance.
I really liked all of the ideas other students came up with, they were all very good.
I especially liked Bryn, Andrew, Zack, Gino, Rumi, Corianne and Leigh.
Thinking about the time we will be committing for the project, I thought about the idea/characters/style.
I like Bryn's idea because it is very comedic and would be fun to animate. I like the different characters, and how they would be animated differently. Having the characters flat but giving them depth through their animation is such a cool idea, and I think it would be fun/challenging to animate.
I like Andrew's idea because I like the creepy/cute mood about it. Dealing with death but making light and dark at the same time. I especially like the style he chose for the story: Tim Burton inspired. It would be challenging to animate but so cool.
I like Zack's idea because I like the idea of how another person can encourage you to keep going or pick yourself up again, and I think we all have been there and can all relate. I also really like 101 Dalmatians style, so yeah.
I like Gino's one because it has a nice message, superheroes are all around us, and they're our friends/family. I really liked the style he went for (Up/Lilo and Stitch). I also fell in love with his character (sorry Gino), his design is so appealing,cute and clumsy. He would be so much fun to animate.
I liked Rumi's idea because I liked the twist at the end, and I think it was very deep and meaningful and it made me want to watch more. I liked how this story was more of a love story with a sad ending.
I liked Corianne's idea because I like how she used the japanese inspired foxes and made it quite meaningful with the statues at the end. I liked the designs of the foxes and animating it would be fun and challenging. I also think it would be great to study foxes and animating animals for a change, learning how to animate animals.
I liked Leigh's idea because it was very meaningful and sweet. Animating the floating and the monsters would be a lot of fun, and I liked the idea of combining both medias, 3D and 2D. 


I was a little mad at the tutors after school when I saw that for those people who hadn't finished today still had a chance to submit their work tomorrow. They still have a chance to get picked, and their work to be looked at by industry. I think this is very unfair for those people who worked hard to get their work done by today. Frans said that they get an extra day because of technical difficulties, but if they had told me I had till tomorrow to get my work done, I would have worked harder on my pitch pack (made it look nicer) and animatic. If me and a lot of other people were able to get it done by today (even with the fire alarm going off yesterday) then it is the others fault for not submitting it on time. Last year, our college wasn't very set on deadlines and Oana/Frans made it very clear that this year there are no deadlines to be missed, so I worked really hard to get it done on time. I think this is really unfair! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment