Friday, March 20, 2015

Performance Study - Reflection and Exposure Sheet (20/03/2015)

REFLECTION

I wrote my Reflection for my Performance Study today. I thought about how the dialogue helped the actions and if I would want to include dialogue in my pitch.

SECTION ONE: CONSIDER THE PERFORMANCE STUDY
Does the dialogue add to or detract from the action and why?

The dialogue adds to the action because without the dialogue, the context wouldn't be clear. The characters looks to the left and complains about getting a smaller glass, without the dialogue is wouldn't be clear what he is complaining about.
The actions and dialogue help bring out the personality of the character of my story, better than if there was no dialogue. His tone is passive aggressive (making the question sound like a statement), which shows that he is certain of himself. It shows that the main character is very self-centred and always thinks he gets the short end of the stick. When he sees that “she” got a bigger glass, his expressions changes to envy and anger, it shows that the character is jealous.
He gestures his hands and slams down the glass, as if to say that what happened is unacceptable (making a bigger deal about it than it actually is).



SECTION TWO: CONSIDER THE PITCH PACK
Did you include dialogue in your short story pitch?
I did not include dialogue in my short story pitch.
Would dialogue improve the impact of your proposed pitch, and why?
I don't think dialogue would improve the impact of my proposed pitch, because my pitch idea is more atmospheric and I think dialogue would detract from the mood I want to go for. The actions the characters make are clear enough so that dialogue wouldn't be needed. I have to think of the saying “A picture paints a thousand words” so I think sometimes you can add more to the story without dialogue.
If you had no dialogue, what kind of impact on clarity and flow would occur?
With no dialogue the impact on clarity and flow would mean that all of the actions have to be very clear to the audience. If the character is feeling sad the audience has to feel that through the emotions through the acting techniques of the character rather than through the words.
Would you revise your pitch to include or remove dialogue, and why?
I would not revise my pitch to include dialogue, because I like the idea of the audience figuring out what is happening just with the animation/movement. I also think the story is clear enough without dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment