Thursday, March 26, 2015

Group Project Animatic and Character Concepts Day 4

STORY

We went over the story/script with Danielle and she said she liked all of it except for a few minor things, we changed them and looked up reference for the Ink scene. Jaron found really good reference for the Ink and I found the scene from Harry Potter where he sees the memories of Dumbledore meeting Voldemort for the first time. The ink morphs into the memory/scene and we can use that as reference for our animation.
We went over the Characters as well, what we like about the designs and what we don't. Liam did some concepts for the Girl Character and for the Guy character.



I also had the idea to make the fur collar a feather collar, but Oana and Liam said that it wouldn't match with the lion feel to the Girl Character. I think I just liked the look of them too much. I tried it out on the monster but I think the Fur would look better.



ANIMATIC
I continued working on the Storyboard thumbnails and put them in the animatic to see how it would look like (for timing as well). I didn't know how to make the monster fully visible when everything around becomes fully 2D. When I watched the animatic, I had an idea to make the beast come out of the trees one last time but instead of disappearing behind a tree again, it's still visible, making it obvious it is fully there now, I added the pounce but Liam suggested making it a low angle, which I like a lot better. Liam will work on the low angle tonight, I will try and get some more concepts donw based on what everyone liked/disliked.



CHARACTER CONCEPTS

I tried out doing some character concepts based on the feedback I got for the characters. I tried matching it a little more for the style we will be going for. We looked at an animation short called: "The Night we were Kings", we all liked the style of the noses and the shapes for the bodies.
I added rough colors to my sketches, just working out what colors work and what colors don't work. (I just realized they're pretty much in the same pose!)




Reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voM7T1cd20w - ref for beast
https://vimeo.com/32517749 - style



No comments:

Post a Comment