Thursday, March 5, 2015

External Background Designs and Storyboard (05/03/2015)

EXTERNAL BACKGROUND DESIGNS

I started doing some designs for the external background. I looked at the short film "Between two bears", because they the sort of style I want to aim for in my backgrounds.

I also showed Oana and Frans some of my designs and Oana suggested making everything very surreal looking and more "dream-like". I made the trees very stick-like and added some gradient to on the characters to make it look a bit foggy.


I think I will leave the trees as sticks and I might not any circus related things in the surreal world, I think if it is very plain it looks more unreal. Oana also suggested making the mirror so it always faces the main character as he walks around it. And I had the idea that perhaps he looks back at the forest behind him and when he turns around again the mirror is in front of him, showing him the beast reflection. She also suggested making the internal designs (circus) more extreme and almost as plain as the external design. I think it would add to the more visual design of it.




 I looked at a few mirror designs from the 1950s and some theater ones. I combined the two designs I liked the most, I think the longer mirror works a lot better because it is more recognizable and the reflection would work a lot better.


STORYBOARD

I started working on my storyboard after Break, and Oana suggested making it quite detailed and very visual for my Pitch Pack presentation next week. She showed me the animatic for "Ratatouille". I added more detail to my storyboard, adding shading as well as potential walk cycle (keys) for the moving animatic. I also took out bits and pieces from my draft for my storyboard and added a gradient to the plain white background. I finished the first 10 panels for my storyboard.
Frans suggested making the costume of the main character long-sleeved, I think this works a lot better because the black around his front arm ties in with his boots, and Frans also said it would make him look more "animal-like". I added it to the storyboard and will make changes to the modehseet later on.





No comments:

Post a Comment