Thursday, August 13, 2015

Character Designs and Game Ideas

Game Ideas
Today I tried coming up with character designs and then thinking about a story about them. I want to create something I haven't done before. I have never really done any stories set in space/future. I looked at cyber punk and tried to use colors that are bright. I really want the protagonist to be a bad-ass female character who drives a motorbike.
I looked through the games I have at home and noticed that I mainly like racing games, story based games and world exploring games. I've noticed that fighting or shooting games I don't really like. I think I want to try and come up with an idea that is more about emotions, story or world exploration. 

Game Idea 3
I thought about the idea of the girl and alligator some more, maybe she lived on earth and earth had become just one massive city surrounding the earth (billboards have become the equivalent of trees) where humans have stopped interacting with one another. The girl sets out to another planet (with a space ship) as she realized that she is starting lose her individuality. She crashes on a planet and has no recognition as to how she came to be on the planet. She starts searching the planet for clues and finds the alligator. I thought maybe (don't know yet) if at the end of the game she finds out that she is actually a robot and that the robots have actually become more human than humans.



 Game Idea 2 
I tried to expand on the Dino idea as well. I looked through my notes I did when Andrew Gordon came and talked to us. I wanted to incorporate "themes" and the importance of a good story in the game idea. The baby T-rex is separated from its family and has to go on a journey to find them. The T-rex would travel through several levels and at every end he would find more baby dinos that have been separated from their family as well. The player can then choose as to which dino they want to play as.



No comments:

Post a Comment