Friday, September 4, 2015

Game Style, 2D Side Scroller Ideas

2D SIDE SCROLLER IDEA
I talked to Frans and Leighton again, and we all came up with an idea that maybe the game could be a side scroller 2D. Frans showed me "Kentucky Route Zero" which is a point and click game. I think if the exploring side of my game is a 2D side scroller and inside the Temples it is a 2D point and click.
Maybe I can even have a combination of the two when the player is exploring the planet, and point and click for inside the temples with the puzzles.
The player travels around the planet, so when the machine circles it, the player has to hide from it. The planet turns as the player goes through it.
This fixes a lot of the problems I had with the game I think, The player can't avoid the temples or the machine, and the night and day time would pass quickly as well. The planet's small size would be obvious as well. I think when the player is on the planet, jumping over things, it is a further away view from the player (perhaps like "knytt stories") and inside the temple the view would be closer to the player.



NOVA CONCEPTS AND SILHOUETTES 
Looked at some Silhouettes of Robots/Spacesuits and tried applying them to some of my concepts. I also looked at "Elegy for a dead world" and how they did the exploration in 2D.





No comments:

Post a Comment